Turnips 2 Tangerines: Cinnamon-Honey Grapefruit

February 25, 2017

Cinnamon-Honey Grapefruit

On the Menu Today~
Cinnamon-Honey Grapefruit
A simple, yet satisfying breakfast.


Cinnamon-honey grapefruit,
served alongside a piece of buttered toast,
is sure-fire way to start day off your busy or
not-so-busy day.


When I was growing up,
grapefruit appeared often on our breakfast table.
My mom would cut the grapefruit in half,
cut around the inside, section the grapefruit and
breakfast was served.


I can't say that I really liked grapefruit back then but 
I did like all the sugar we dumped on the top.
I also enjoyed scraping my spoon down the inside of the grapefruit,
to make a sugary, sweet juice with pulp.


Now, I enjoy a honey, sweetened grapefruit, with just a hint of cinnamon.
Gone are the days of the over sugared grapefruit halve.

Honey adds the perfect sweetness to grapefruit.
If you have never tried warm grapefruit with honey and
cinnamon you don't know what you're missing.
You'll fall in love with grapefruit all over again.


Cinnamon-Honey Grapefruit

Ingredients
  • 1 grapefruit, halved
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • dash of cinnamon
Cooking Directions
  1. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in an oven-proof baking dish.
  2. Loosen grapefruit sections. Drizzle each half with 1 teaspoon honey.
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
  4. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
  5. Serve warm.

Grapefruit, Honey, Cinnamon, Breakfast

Labels: