Turnips 2 Tangerines: How to Cut Whole Sun-Dried Tomatoes

August 1, 2014

How to Cut Whole Sun-Dried Tomatoes

On the Menu Today~
How to Cut Whole Sun-Dried Tomatoes


I love the flavor of sun-dried tomatoes.
They add a delicious burst of flavor to sandwiches, salads, eggs and
just about anything you put them in or on.


I always have a jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil in my refrigerator.
It's a fast and easy way to add flavor to any dish.
I recently made scones and threw in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
The tomatoes I had happened to be whole,
which meant I needed to chop them,
hence the reason for this post.

I found the best way to chop and/or
cut sun-dried tomatoes is to use a scissor.
I buy my handy dandy kitchen scissors,
usually 5 at a time,
at The Dollar Tree.

*Note:
Don't throw away the left-over olive oil from the jar od sun-dried tomatoes.
The oil takes on the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes and
will add tons of flavor to anything you drizzle it on.
Drizzle it over grilled fish, fresh sliced tomatoes,
salads or even pizza.
Brush it on a baguette or french bread,
toast and cubed..instant croutons.
The possibilities are endless.


How to Cut Whole Sun Dried Tomatoes

Ingredients
  • 4 whole sun dried tomatoes or per recipe
Cooking Directions
  1. Remove as many whole sun-dried tomatoes as needed.
  2. Pat tomatoes with paper towels to remove excess oil.
  3. Stack sun-dried tomatoes.
  4. With scissors, cut sun-dried tomatoes in half, then cut tomatoes into strips.
  5. With scissors, cut sun-dried tomato strips into smaller pieces. 
  6. Measure and use in recipes that call for chopped sun-dried tomatoes or sprinkle them on a salad, into scrambled eggs or on top of a pizza.





Tomatoes



post signature

Labels: ,