Turnips 2 Tangerines: Plum Jam

July 31, 2014

Plum Jam

On the Menu Today~
Plum Jam

It's that time of year again~
Time to dust off the canner and
get busy in the kitchen making jams, jellies, pickles and so much more.
This year I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some plums,
courtesy of my neighbor lady, Jodi.
Jodi suggested that I make jam with her
hand-picked, from her backyard plum tree,
still warm from the sun, plums.
So following her instructions, that's exactly what I did..
Thanks Jodi!!

This recipe for plum jam comes from my neighbor Jodi.
This plum jam is so delicious!
I'm sure using fresh plums,
certainly made from a much better jam.



Plum Jam

Ingredients
  • 5 cups coarsely chopped plums
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine plums, sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly to gelling point. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
  2. Remove jars from canner with tongs. Leave on counter undisturbed for 24 hours

Plum, Jam
Jelly Point



post signature

Labels: