Turnips 2 Tangerines: Praline Pecan Brownies

June 23, 2013

Praline Pecan Brownies

On the Menu Today~
Praline Pecan Brownies


Sometimes all you need is a boxed brownie mix to make your day special~
Ghirardelli is my favorite boxed brownie mix and
adding some Praline Pecan Liqueur and Pecans....
Pure Heaven!

A few months back,
I saw a recipe on Ms.enPlace.
The recipe called for Praline Pecan Liqueur.
The name, Praline Pecan Liqueur,
immediately caught my attention!
I had never heard of Praline Pecan Liqueur before but
it certainly sounded delicious.
I knew I was going to have to look into this a little further:)

Here in Northern WI,
I wasn't able to find Praline Pecan Liqueur.
While visiting my daughter in Athens GA,
we stopped at 5 Points Bottle Shop.
We needed to pick up a bottle of dark beer
for the beer bread we were going to make.
I looked around and sure enough,
there it was,
sitting on the shelf!

Knowing I had to bring it home on the airplane,
I only bought one bottle.
big mistake on my part!
I originally wanted to try pecan praline liqueur in a recipe for
Overnight French Toast but
today, I decided to add a shot to a boxed brownie mix.

On the back of the bottle of Praline Pecan Liqueur it says;
 "Close your eyes and listen for the tuneful cry of the praline lady,"
"Praw-LEENS, frais praw-LEENS!"

Get the Spirit of the French Quarter with a Bottle of Praline Pecan Liqueur~ Sazerac


Praline Pecan Brownies

Ingredients
  • 1 box (18 oz) Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup praline pecan liqueur
  • 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
  • powdered sugar, for dusting
  • 1 container chocolate fudge frosting
  • 2 tablespoons praline pecan liqueur
  • chopped pecans
  • powdered sugar
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325º Lightly grease bottom of 11 x 7 glass baking dish.
  2. Place oil, egg and liqueur in a medium bowl and stir until fully mixed. Add brownie mix and chopped toasted pecans. Stir until blended. Spread into prepared pan.
  3. Bake at 325º for 24 to 28 minutes.
  4. Frosting:
  5. In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate fudge frosting and praline pecan liqueur. Stir until creamy. Frost brownies and sprinkle with chopped pecans or dust brownies with powdered sugar.

BrowniesChocolate, Pecan, Bars, DessertPralines


                                             
                                                       
 

**The opinions stated here are my own,
I have not been asked/compensated from Ghiardelli or Sazerac.**
post signature

Labels: