Turnips 2 Tangerines: Food Finds: Effervè Sparkling Lemonade and Tom Collins

June 7, 2015

Food Finds: Effervè Sparkling Lemonade and Tom Collins

On the Menu Today~
Tom Collins

June Food Finds:
EFFERVÉ Sparkling Lemonade and
EFFERVÉ Sparkling Pink Rosè Sparkling Lemonade
A wonderful, thirst quenching Lemonade.

Perfect on a hot summer day or after a round of golf.
This delightful sparkling Lemonade makes the
Perfect Tom Collins...
A retro cocktail popular in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Put your feet up and
sip a Tom Collins on a hot summer evening~



Efferve Sparkling Lemonades
I have a confession to make.....
I have a confession to make....
the only reason why I bought Effervè Sparkling Lemonade..
was because I wanted the bottle.
There....I said it..
Whew..I feel much better.



On my recent trip to Aldi
I spotted this wonderful decorative bottle...
the last one on the shelf.


Let me explain....
We have been on a roll here at Turnips 2 Tangerines...
experimenting with and
making different flavors of
homemade liqueurs and vinegar.
The minute I spotted this bottle,
I knew it would be perfect filled
with our flavored liqueurs and vinegar.
Plus...the perfect bottle for gift giving.


At $2.49 a bottle, this was a real bargain...
plus, it was filled with some sort of sparkling lemonade.
I knew I needed more than one bottle....so
I quickly called my daughter and
asked her to run to Aldi in Appleton WI.
I told her to buy however many bottles that they had....
(I needed at least 10 bottles.)
A few hours later she called me back...
She bought 10 bottles, all that they had on the shelf.
Yippe!!

Now, what about the lemonade.....
Like I said, I wanted the bottles and
wasn't even thinking about the contents until....

I opened a bottle and was greeted with a loud pop and a whish....
I couldn't believe how bubbly the lemonade was.
I was even more surprised when I tasted the lemonade.


Bubbly, refreshing, with a nice lemony flavor.
Not at all overly sweet, like many lemonades.
Not only are the bottles fantastic, the sparkling
lemonade is fantastic too.


I emptied the contents of the bottles into
clean, gallon size, plastic water jugs.
I cleaned the bottles and was relived that
the labels washed right off.
I lined the bottles up on a towel to air dry.
I can't wait to fill the bottles with:
Homemade Liqueurs and Flavored Vinegar.

What a great Food Find this month at Aldi~

Lemon-Citron EFFERVÉ Sparkling Lemonade-Limonade Pètillante
With sparkling water
A L'Eau De Source
Natural Flavors
Made in France
Fabriquè En France
Arômes Naturels

Pink-Rosè EFFERVÉ Sparkling Lemonade-Limonade Pètillante
With Sparkling Water
A L 'Eau De Source
Natural Flavors
Made in France
Fabriquè En France
Arômes Naturels
750 ml
25.4 oz

What a better way to enjoy this tasty, bubbly
lemonade than to make one of my favorite
"Retro" cocktails, a Tom Collins~
A Tom Collins is a cool, refreshing drink,
popular when I was young, waaay back when...
My hubby loves a good cocktail made with gin and
this drink will soon become his favorite...plus
it's the perfect drink on a hot summer evening~



Tom Collins~

The Tom Collins is a Collins cocktail made from;
Gin, lemon juice, sugar and carbonated water.
First memorialized in writing in 1876 by
the father of American mixology, Jerry Thomas.

Even though this drink has been around for many years,
it has been somewhat forgotten about.
Maybe it's time the Tom Collins makes a come back,
after all, it's the perfect summertime drink~

The Tom Collins is a gin and sparkling lemonade drink,
is typically served on the rocks in a tall Tom Collins glass.
Standard garnish is:  lemon, orange or lime slices and
maraschino cherries.




Efferve' Tom Collins

Ingredients
  • 2 ounces gin (Tanqueray or Old Tom)
  • sparkling lemonade (Efferve')
  • shaved ice
  • tall glass, (Tervis Tumbler)
  • lemon, orange or lime slices
Cooking Directions
  1. Fill a tall tumbler with ice. Pour Gin over ice.
  2. Fill glass with Effervè Sparkling Lemonade. Stir.
  3. Garnish with: lemon, orange or lime slices.


Traditional Tom Collins

Ingredients
  • 1 ounce (2 parts) freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 ounce (3 parts) gin (Tanqueray or Old Tom)
  • 1/2 ounce (1 part) simple syrup
  • 2 ounce (4 parts) carbonated water
  • shaved ice
  • Tom Collins glass
  • lemon, orange, lime slices, maraschino cherries
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a tall Tom Collins glass filled with ice.
  2. Top it off with carbonated water
  3. Garnish with: lemon, orange, lime slices and maraschino cherries.


Lemonade, Cocktail,
Tervis Tumblers

post signature

Labels: , , , , ,