Turnips 2 Tangerines: Favorite Brownies

October 12, 2013

Favorite Brownies

On the Menu Today~
Favorite Brownies

This is one of our favorite brownie recipes.
We have been making Hershey's Best Brownie Recipe
for as long as I can remember.
It's a dependable recipe because
the brownies always turn out and
they are delicious.


A few weeks ago,
While I was grocery shopping,
I spotted this new frosting...
Betty Crocker Peter Paul Almond Joy Frosting....
I heard it calling my name...try me, try me....
Hershey's Best Brownie recipe immediately came to mind.
Of course, I decided to make brownies and
 frost them with this "new" frosting.

Let me tell you,
this frosting is absolutely delicious and
highly addictive...
When I started eating this frosting..
by the spoonfuls...
right out of the container..
I knew this frosting was going to be dangerous!

One of my biggest weakness is
frosted brownies....and
one of my favorite candy bars is
an almond joy..
This frosting spells: T-R-O-U-B-L-E.




Favorite Brownies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa, (Hershey's)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
  • 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 (16 oz) container Almond Joy Frosting

  1. Heat oven to 350 º Grease 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
  2. Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter on medium for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
BrowniesHalloweenBars, Frosting, Chocolate, Coconut

Frost with Almond Joy Frosting~
Decorate with Zachary Autumn Mix~

Betty Crocker Almond Joy Frosting
Autumn Candy Mix





post signature

Labels: , ,