Turnips 2 Tangerines: Lingonberry Cheesecake

September 7, 2013

Lingonberry Cheesecake

On the Menu Today~
Lingonberry Cheesecake
and a
Road Trip



Recently I had the pleasure of going to Ikea for the first time.
I went with my son Bob and his beautiful wife Kim.
We went to the Ikea in Chicago.
Wow... What a place.
Three floors of wall to wall stuff.
It was overwhelming at first....
there were so many things to look at but...
I managed to get through all three floors.


On the 3rd floor there was a cafeteria-style restaurant.
We decided to order and sat down to a delicious lunch.
Bobby had Swedish meatballs and
Kim and I had the chicken tenders.
We all shared a piece of apple cake and
a piece of chocolate cake.

The food was excellent and the chocolate cake was to die for.
Bob and Kim were there to buy a cabinet and
some other items..they had a full cart, but me..
I just bought a jar of lingonberry preserves~
I am a huge fan of jams, jelly, preserves,
and fruit spreads.
I always buy a "jar of jam" where-ever I go...





....On our way home we stopped at Trader Joe's in Milwaukee.
I didn't even know there was a Trader Joe's in Milwaukee...
Stopping there was like putting icing on the cake...
The  first time I went to Trader Joe's,
I was visiting my grandkids in Athens GA.
I immediately fell in love with Trader Joe's.
I flew home from GA with a suitcase full of my Trader Joe's favorites.

Every time I go to Trader Joe's,
I always pick up my "favorites"and they are:
Trader Joe's Brand Flakes,
Kona Coffee Shortbread Cookies,
Coffee and Pumpernickel Pretzels,....
that are wonderful with Reuben Dip.

I also like to pick up a couple of "New" items to try.
This time I picked up:
Trader Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce.
According to the label:
It's a golden-hued, mustard based sauce,
That's sweet and smoky with a hint of molasses and
Just the right blend of spices...
I can't wait to try this sauce.

I think I'm going to try it with pork first...
So keep your eyes open for an upcoming recipe featuring this bbq sauce.
They also had fresh figs on sale,
Something you don't ever see in the Northwoods of WI,
I was going to buy some but I didn't...
Darn it.
Check out: Ikea Trader Joe's




I had a great time going to "the city" with my son and his beautiful wife.
They are both Teachers and are now back in school.
I can't wait until the next school break, so we can head back to Ikea......
There are a few things I need to pick up....

I thought the only thing that could do this jar
of wonderful Lingonberry preserves justice,
was a cheesecake.
Lingonberry cheesecake has a light, lemony flavor,
that pairs well with the tart/sweet flavor of the Lingonberry preserves~
If you don't have any Lingonberry preserves on hand,
you can substitute lemon curd or raspberry preserves.


Lingonberry Cheesecake

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter, melted
  • 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Lingonberry Preserves
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice


  1. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 10 minutes or until set. Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
  2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla extract just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, place preserves in a small saucepan, add lemon juice. Stir and cook on low heat, until preserves are melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. 
  5. After 10 minutes, carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Cool 30 minutes. Carefully spoon melted preserves over cheesecake. Cool 30 minutes longer. Refrigerate overnight.
Cheesecake, Sweden, LingonberryJam, Pie, Crust, Cream Cheese, Cheese






post signature

Labels: , ,