Turnips 2 Tangerines: Matcha Overnight Oats

May 4, 2017

Matcha Overnight Oats

On the Menu Today~
Matcha Overnight Oats

Kermit the Frog was right...
It's not easy being green...
Green Vegetables....
Green Matcha Powder and so on..
Even though green vegetables and
green matcha powder are high in Vitamins and
are excellent for you, for some people, it takes some getting use to.

Case in point...me~
This was my very first time
trying matcha powder...
To be perfectly honest....
it's probably going to be my last time too.
Matcha is something you either like or you don't.
I don't but on the other hand, my hubby loved it.


To me matcha tasted...
for lack of a better word,
Green...Healthy...
Matcha had a similar taste,
to what I think,
2-day old mowed,
dried grass might taste like...
greenish and grassy.

Now if you like that sorta of thing,
than this recipe is for you or
if you've had matcha powder before and
like it, than this recipe will sure to please.
Like I said, my hubby love this recipe...
he couldn't get enough of it...

Like I always told my kids and
now tell my grandkids...
"You don't know if you like it,
or if you don't like it,
unless you give it a try"



Matcha Overnight Oats

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
  • 2 teaspoons matcha powder
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • shredded coconut
Cooking Directions
  1. Add oats, milk, matcha powder and chia seeds together in a mason jar.
  2. Shake well.
  3. Add vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon.
  4. Stir until well mixed.
  5. Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
  6. Serve the next morning with shredded coconut

Oatmeal, Coconut, Matcha

Products used in this recipe:

Labels: