Turnips 2 Tangerines: Pear-Sauce

November 30, 2013

Pear-Sauce

On the Menu Today~
Pear-Sauce


Last week-end,
I stopped at my local apple orchard to pick up some apples.
The owner and I were talking and
I asked him if he had any pears left.
He said, "Wait right here, I'll be right back."
A few minutes later,
the owner returned with 2 huge bushel baskets full of pears.
He asked me how many I wanted and then said,
"I'll give you all of them for $5.00.
Do you want them?"
Well, heck yeah!
I came home with 2
bushel baskets full of pears.


Most of the pears were ripe and
needed to be used right away.
 "Pear-sauce" immediately came to mind..


Pear-Sauce

Ingredients
  • 10 to 20 pears peeled, cored and cut into pieces
  • 1/4 cup water or apple juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginge
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine pears, water or juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla extract in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until pears are tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Using an immersion blender, process pears until smooth.
  2. Once cooled, pour into air-tight containers and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Pear, SaucePeer




post signature

Labels: